NEW YORK (AP) — Penelope Cruz is headed to television to play fashion designer Donatella Versace in the third installment of “American Crime Story” on FX.
The Academy Award-winning actress will star in the 10-episode series focused on the 1997 slaying of Versace’s brother, Gianni. Donatella Versace took over the famed fashion house after her brother was killed.
Co-executive produced by Ryan Murphy, the Versace story is expected to air in early 2018.
Cruz won a supporting actress Oscar in 2009 for “Vicky Cristina Barcelona,” directed by Woody Allen. She has appeared in numerous other films including the blockbuster “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” with Johnny Depp.
Most Read Stories
- Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Is Seattle a target for a North Korean nuclear attack? Well, not quite yet, insiders say
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch agrees to contract with Raiders, is traded to Oakland in exchange of 2018 draft picks
- Boeing’s budget ax falls on popular gym for employees