A man is dead after being hit by a passenger train in southern Washington.
PUYALLUP — A man is dead after being hit by a passenger train in southern Washington.
BNSF spokesman Gus Melonas says the crash occurred about 9 p.m. Sunday in Puyallup.
He says the northbound Amtrak train struck an adult male pedestrian.
Officials are investigating and Melonas says no further details on the accident or the victim are available.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
Most Read Stories
The accident occurred on a BNSF mainline running between Portland and Seattle.
He says that the tracks were shut down for a few hours after the crash.