A man is dead after being hit by a passenger train in southern Washington.
PUYALLUP — A man is dead after being hit by a passenger train in southern Washington.
BNSF spokesman Gus Melonas says the crash occurred about 9 p.m. Sunday in Puyallup.
He says the northbound Amtrak train struck an adult male pedestrian.
Officials are investigating and Melonas says no further details on the accident or the victim are available.
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Seattle’s Super Bowl: Not football, but pho
- Teens charged in Jungle shooting grew up amid tumult, drug deals
- Mom’s drug deal brought sons to Jungle, police say
- Shortage of homes for sale pushes prices upward, buyers outward
Most Read Stories
The accident occurred on a BNSF mainline running between Portland and Seattle.
He says that the tracks were shut down for a few hours after the crash.