A man is dead after being hit by a passenger train in southern Washington.
PUYALLUP — A man is dead after being hit by a passenger train in southern Washington.
BNSF spokesman Gus Melonas says the crash occurred about 9 p.m. Sunday in Puyallup.
He says the northbound Amtrak train struck an adult male pedestrian.
Officials are investigating and Melonas says no further details on the accident or the victim are available.
- Strange but true: Mammoth catfish caught in Italy, and great white shark lurking off Washington coast
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Forecasters say gas prices are set to soar
- Thursday morning musings: Mel Kiper says Seattle pick "very difficult to predict right now''
Most Read Stories
The accident occurred on a BNSF mainline running between Portland and Seattle.
He says that the tracks were shut down for a few hours after the crash.