A man is dead after being hit by a passenger train in southern Washington.
PUYALLUP — A man is dead after being hit by a passenger train in southern Washington.
BNSF spokesman Gus Melonas says the crash occurred about 9 p.m. Sunday in Puyallup.
He says the northbound Amtrak train struck an adult male pedestrian.
Officials are investigating and Melonas says no further details on the accident or the victim are available.
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail
Most Read Stories
The accident occurred on a BNSF mainline running between Portland and Seattle.
He says that the tracks were shut down for a few hours after the crash.