A man is dead after being hit by a passenger train in southern Washington.
PUYALLUP — A man is dead after being hit by a passenger train in southern Washington.
BNSF spokesman Gus Melonas says the crash occurred about 9 p.m. Sunday in Puyallup.
He says the northbound Amtrak train struck an adult male pedestrian.
Officials are investigating and Melonas says no further details on the accident or the victim are available.
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
Most Read Stories
The accident occurred on a BNSF mainline running between Portland and Seattle.
He says that the tracks were shut down for a few hours after the crash.