EUGENE, Ore. (AP) — Regional health care provider PeaceHealth says its mass layoff will affect 85 more Oregon workers than previously reported.
PeaceHealth is eliminating the jobs because of its decision to sell laboratories to Quest Diagnostics, a for-profit company based in New Jersey.
Documents filed in February showed that PeaceHealth planned to lay off 186 workers in Oregon and 142 in Washington.
The Register-Guard reports (https://is.gd/Lz7HCE ) PeaceHealth announced the additional layoffs in a statement Wednesday. That brings the total layoff in Oregon to 271 employees. Most of them work in Lane County, which includes the Eugene-Springfield area.
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Fishing 101 can help parents cope with daughter’s nasty ‘best friend’ | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Cowlitz Tribe opening $510M casino complex they hope will draw 4.5M visitors
Information from: The Register-Guard, http://www.registerguard.com