EUGENE, Ore. (AP) — Regional health care provider PeaceHealth says its mass layoff will affect 85 more Oregon workers than previously reported.
PeaceHealth is eliminating the jobs because of its decision to sell laboratories to Quest Diagnostics, a for-profit company based in New Jersey.
Documents filed in February showed that PeaceHealth planned to lay off 186 workers in Oregon and 142 in Washington.
The Register-Guard reports (https://is.gd/Lz7HCE ) PeaceHealth announced the additional layoffs in a statement Wednesday. That brings the total layoff in Oregon to 271 employees. Most of them work in Lane County, which includes the Eugene-Springfield area.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- Win over 49ers can't mask the fact that these Seahawks are in big trouble | Matt Calkins
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
Information from: The Register-Guard, http://www.registerguard.com