LAS VEGAS (AP) — The lawyer representing “Pawn Stars” reality TV star “Chumlee” says he’ll fight felony weapon and drug charges — and sex assault allegations if they’re filed.
Defense attorney David Chesnoff told The Associated Press on Thursday that he’s “looking forward to the truthful conclusion” of the case against Austin Lee Russell.
Russell posted $62,000 bail and was released from jail pending a May 23 court date.
Russell was arrested Wednesday after police say officers serving a search warrant in a sexual assault investigation found methamphetamine, marijuana and a gun at his southwest Las Vegas home.
Most Read Stories
- Gun seized in Che Taylor shooting traced to former sheriff’s deputy, officials say WATCH
- Play presidential-debate bingo — download cards or play online
- Suspected Cascade Mall gunman charged with 5 counts of premeditated murder
- Houston gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene VIEW
- Suspect in mall shooting was socially awkward, troubled, former classmates and others say WATCH
The 33-year-old was booked on 19 drug-possession charges and one weapon charge.
Russell wasn’t booked on a sex-crime allegation. Police said that investigation stems from a recent complaint by a woman, and is continuing.