LAS VEGAS (AP) — The lawyer representing “Pawn Stars” reality TV star “Chumlee” says he’ll fight felony weapon and drug charges — and sex assault allegations if they’re filed.
Defense attorney David Chesnoff told The Associated Press on Thursday that he’s “looking forward to the truthful conclusion” of the case against Austin Lee Russell.
Russell posted $62,000 bail and was released from jail pending a May 23 court date.
Russell was arrested Wednesday after police say officers serving a search warrant in a sexual assault investigation found methamphetamine, marijuana and a gun at his southwest Las Vegas home.
Most Read Stories
- Cause of death of Seahawk Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy remains unclear as family, friends struggle with his passing
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Officer hailed for taking down cop killer costs Seattle $165,000 in civil-rights claims
- Seahawk legend Cortez Kennedy dead at 48
- Four months in, ‘Seattle’s only Trump voter’ has his doubts | Danny Westneat
The 33-year-old was booked on 19 drug-possession charges and one weapon charge.
Russell wasn’t booked on a sex-crime allegation. Police said that investigation stems from a recent complaint by a woman, and is continuing.