LAS VEGAS (AP) — The lawyer representing “Pawn Stars” reality TV star “Chumlee” says he’ll fight felony weapon and drug charges — and sex assault allegations if they’re filed.
Defense attorney David Chesnoff told The Associated Press on Thursday that he’s “looking forward to the truthful conclusion” of the case against Austin Lee Russell.
Russell posted $62,000 bail and was released from jail pending a May 23 court date.
Russell was arrested Wednesday after police say officers serving a search warrant in a sexual assault investigation found methamphetamine, marijuana and a gun at his southwest Las Vegas home.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle could open housing for homeless where it’s OK to use heroin
- Police report: Wild Waves lifeguard didn't believe kids who reported body in pool
- Lessons in grieving after the sudden loss of a young man | Nicole Brodeur
- Rent-to-own homes: a win-win for landlords, a risk for tenants
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson, Ciara reportedly moved wedding due to North Carolina's transgender bathroom law
The 33-year-old was booked on 19 drug-possession charges and one weapon charge.
Russell wasn’t booked on a sex-crime allegation. Police said that investigation stems from a recent complaint by a woman, and is continuing.