Judging by the television ratings, one place where chef Paula Deen is welcome is on the "Today" show.
Judging by the television ratings, one place where chef Paula Deen is welcome is on the “Today” show.
The NBC morning show beat its rivals at ABC’s “Good Morning America” with a Thursday episode that featured Matt Lauer’s interview with the celebrity chef. Deen is trying to keep her career cooking following admissions that she had used a racial slur.
The Nielsen company says that “Today” had just under 4.8 million viewers on Thursday, while “GMA” had 4.63 million. It was the first time “Today” had a bigger audience since November during the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy.
On average, the ABC show beat “Today” by 900,000 viewers a day last week.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite