Judging by the television ratings, one place where chef Paula Deen is welcome is on the "Today" show.
Judging by the television ratings, one place where chef Paula Deen is welcome is on the “Today” show.
The NBC morning show beat its rivals at ABC’s “Good Morning America” with a Thursday episode that featured Matt Lauer’s interview with the celebrity chef. Deen is trying to keep her career cooking following admissions that she had used a racial slur.
The Nielsen company says that “Today” had just under 4.8 million viewers on Thursday, while “GMA” had 4.63 million. It was the first time “Today” had a bigger audience since November during the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy.
On average, the ABC show beat “Today” by 900,000 viewers a day last week.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite