NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey Transit train has traveled through at least eight stops with a door open and has been pulled out of service. A passenger captured video of it.
Rider Jeffrey Spitery shared cellphone video with WNBC-TV (http://bit.ly/2q18eZP ) showing people moving around the train Tuesday night while the wind from the open door whips their hair.
Spitery says the train stopped at Newark Penn Station while a conductor searched for an open door. The train then continued. Spitery says as the train approached his stop in Metuchen he found a door “wide open.”
New Jersey Transit says a train should not move while a door is open. It says it’s investigating.
Most Read Stories
- Look back at our live coverage of the solar eclipse WATCH
- Your guide to enjoying the eclipse from Seattle
- Solar eclipse’s tides blamed for broken net, up to 305,000 Atlantic salmon dumped into waters near San Juans
- 3 surprising Seattle restaurant closures — plus 11 more
- Watch: Alaska Airlines flight offers dramatic view of solar eclipse WATCH
There’s no indication anyone was injured while the train door was open.