A spokesman for U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says the Pentagon chief and Jordan's King Abdullah agree that Syrian leader Bashar Assad must give up power.
A spokesman for U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says the Pentagon chief and Jordan’s King Abdullah agree that Syrian leader Bashar Assad must give up power.
Spokesman George Little made the statement after Panetta met with the king in Amman on Thursday.
Little said the two men discussed the prospects for a political transition after Assad is gone.
They also discussed the problem of Syrian refugees entering Jordan, Little said.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite
Most Read Stories
Jordan was the final stop on Panetta’s five-day, four-country trip to the Middle East and North Africa.