A spokesman for U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says the Pentagon chief and Jordan's King Abdullah agree that Syrian leader Bashar Assad must give up power.
A spokesman for U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says the Pentagon chief and Jordan’s King Abdullah agree that Syrian leader Bashar Assad must give up power.
Spokesman George Little made the statement after Panetta met with the king in Amman on Thursday.
Little said the two men discussed the prospects for a political transition after Assad is gone.
They also discussed the problem of Syrian refugees entering Jordan, Little said.
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back
Most Read Stories
Jordan was the final stop on Panetta’s five-day, four-country trip to the Middle East and North Africa.