A spokesman for U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says the Pentagon chief and Jordan's King Abdullah agree that Syrian leader Bashar Assad must give up power.
A spokesman for U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says the Pentagon chief and Jordan’s King Abdullah agree that Syrian leader Bashar Assad must give up power.
Spokesman George Little made the statement after Panetta met with the king in Amman on Thursday.
Little said the two men discussed the prospects for a political transition after Assad is gone.
They also discussed the problem of Syrian refugees entering Jordan, Little said.
- Evergreen senior’s death, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Reaction: National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor-forced fumble in Seahawks-Lions game
Most Read Stories
Jordan was the final stop on Panetta’s five-day, four-country trip to the Middle East and North Africa.