A spokesman for U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says the Pentagon chief and Jordan's King Abdullah agree that Syrian leader Bashar Assad must give up power.
A spokesman for U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta says the Pentagon chief and Jordan’s King Abdullah agree that Syrian leader Bashar Assad must give up power.
Spokesman George Little made the statement after Panetta met with the king in Amman on Thursday.
Little said the two men discussed the prospects for a political transition after Assad is gone.
They also discussed the problem of Syrian refugees entering Jordan, Little said.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
Most Read Stories
Jordan was the final stop on Panetta’s five-day, four-country trip to the Middle East and North Africa.