Pakistan has summoned India's top diplomat in the country to protest a pair of clashes along the disputed Kashmir border in the past week that killed two Pakistani soldiers.
Pakistan has summoned India’s top diplomat in the country to protest a pair of clashes along the disputed Kashmir border in the past week that killed two Pakistani soldiers.
The Pakistani Foreign Ministry says the Indian high commissioner was told Friday that the attacks were “unacceptable.”
The protest came a day after Pakistan said Indian troops fired on an army post in Kashmir, killing one soldier. Pakistan said the attack was unprovoked, but India said Pakistani troops fired first.
India staged a similar diplomatic protest earlier in the week after it said Pakistani soldiers crossed the border and attacked an army patrol Tuesday, killing two Indian soldiers. Pakistan denied the allegations.
- As USS Ranger departs, Navy's cost dilemma takes off
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
- Live updates from the state boys basketball tournament
Most Read Stories
Pakistan accused India of raiding one of its posts Sunday and killing one soldier. India denied the allegations.