Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett says he's concerned to hear reports about an investigation of his son-in-law, a Philadelphia narcotics police officer.
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett says he’s concerned to hear reports about an investigation of his son-in-law, a Philadelphia narcotics police officer.
Several media outlets citing anonymous sources are reporting that Corbett’s son-in-law is under investigation by the FBI and police Internal Affairs.
Corbett said: “I was surprised and concerned to learn about the allegations regarding my son-in-law Gerold Gibson. Susan and I continue to give our family our love and support.”
The Philadelphia Police Department said Thursday an officer was placed on administration leave as a result of an investigation but gave no details. The officer’s name wasn’t released because he was not arrested or charged with a crime.
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for marriage license
- Undetected measles led to Clallam County woman’s death
Most Read Stories
Calls by The Associated Press to investigators were either not returned or officials were unable to confirm the reports.