Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett says he's concerned to hear reports about an investigation of his son-in-law, a Philadelphia narcotics police officer.
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett says he’s concerned to hear reports about an investigation of his son-in-law, a Philadelphia narcotics police officer.
Several media outlets citing anonymous sources are reporting that Corbett’s son-in-law is under investigation by the FBI and police Internal Affairs.
Corbett said: “I was surprised and concerned to learn about the allegations regarding my son-in-law Gerold Gibson. Susan and I continue to give our family our love and support.”
The Philadelphia Police Department said Thursday an officer was placed on administration leave as a result of an investigation but gave no details. The officer’s name wasn’t released because he was not arrested or charged with a crime.
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson on pace for a record passing season
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
- Seattle woman accused of altering cellphone records after fatal crash
- Seattle renters face teardown blues, higher costs
Most Read Stories
Calls by The Associated Press to investigators were either not returned or officials were unable to confirm the reports.