Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett says he's concerned to hear reports about an investigation of his son-in-law, a Philadelphia narcotics police officer.
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett says he’s concerned to hear reports about an investigation of his son-in-law, a Philadelphia narcotics police officer.
Several media outlets citing anonymous sources are reporting that Corbett’s son-in-law is under investigation by the FBI and police Internal Affairs.
Corbett said: “I was surprised and concerned to learn about the allegations regarding my son-in-law Gerold Gibson. Susan and I continue to give our family our love and support.”
The Philadelphia Police Department said Thursday an officer was placed on administration leave as a result of an investigation but gave no details. The officer’s name wasn’t released because he was not arrested or charged with a crime.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Mariners demote struggling catcher Mike Zunino
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
Most Read Stories
Calls by The Associated Press to investigators were either not returned or officials were unable to confirm the reports.