Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett says he's concerned to hear reports about an investigation of his son-in-law, a Philadelphia narcotics police officer.
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett says he’s concerned to hear reports about an investigation of his son-in-law, a Philadelphia narcotics police officer.
Several media outlets citing anonymous sources are reporting that Corbett’s son-in-law is under investigation by the FBI and police Internal Affairs.
Corbett said: “I was surprised and concerned to learn about the allegations regarding my son-in-law Gerold Gibson. Susan and I continue to give our family our love and support.”
The Philadelphia Police Department said Thursday an officer was placed on administration leave as a result of an investigation but gave no details. The officer’s name wasn’t released because he was not arrested or charged with a crime.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Injured Evergreen football player dies at Harborview
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
Most Read Stories
Calls by The Associated Press to investigators were either not returned or officials were unable to confirm the reports.