TULSA, Okla. (AP) — An Oklahoma police officer is on paid leave after he used his patrol car to kill a woman as she exchanged gunfire with other officers.
The Tulsa Police Department says Officer Jonathan Grafton intentionally struck 21-year-old Madison Sueann Dickson on Saturday as she fired at Officer Kayla Johnson and Det. Ronnie Leatherman.
Police have said Dickson was wanted in four gun-related incidents, including shooting a man in the head. Officers spotted her as she climbed into a pickup truck near an apartment complex. Dickson, the passenger, jumped out of the truck and was firing at the officers when Grafton hit her with his vehicle.
The department says Grafton is on paid leave.
Most Read Stories
- I didn’t get it right with Seahawks’ Michael Bennett, and I apologize
- Seahawk legend Cortez Kennedy dead at 48
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Family of girl snatched by sea lion lambasted for ‘reckless behavior’ WATCH
- What was that glowing orb that Trump touched in Saudi Arabia?
Police say the driver of the truck was questioned and released.