A Cleveland judge who made a woman wear an "idiot" sign in public for driving around a school bus is calling for the public shaming of a man convicted of threatening police officers.
A Cleveland judge who made a woman wear an “idiot” sign in public for driving around a school bus is calling for the public shaming of a man convicted of threatening police officers.
In addition to sentencing 58-year-old Richard Dameron to 90 days in jail, Cleveland Judge Pinkey Carr ordered him to stand in front of a district police station with a sign when he gets out. Media outlets report that he’ll have to stand for three hours a day for a week in June with a sign apologizing to officers. The sign will also say, “I was being an idiot and it will never happen again.”
Dameron is convicted of threatening officers in 911 calls.
Carr says that sometimes she has to get creative to get through to people.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents