A Cleveland judge who made a woman wear an "idiot" sign in public for driving around a school bus is calling for the public shaming of a man convicted of threatening police officers.
A Cleveland judge who made a woman wear an “idiot” sign in public for driving around a school bus is calling for the public shaming of a man convicted of threatening police officers.
In addition to sentencing 58-year-old Richard Dameron to 90 days in jail, Cleveland Judge Pinkey Carr ordered him to stand in front of a district police station with a sign when he gets out. Media outlets report that he’ll have to stand for three hours a day for a week in June with a sign apologizing to officers. The sign will also say, “I was being an idiot and it will never happen again.”
Dameron is convicted of threatening officers in 911 calls.
Carr says that sometimes she has to get creative to get through to people.
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival