A Cleveland judge who made a woman wear an "idiot" sign in public for driving around a school bus is calling for the public shaming of a man convicted of threatening police officers.
A Cleveland judge who made a woman wear an “idiot” sign in public for driving around a school bus is calling for the public shaming of a man convicted of threatening police officers.
In addition to sentencing 58-year-old Richard Dameron to 90 days in jail, Cleveland Judge Pinkey Carr ordered him to stand in front of a district police station with a sign when he gets out. Media outlets report that he’ll have to stand for three hours a day for a week in June with a sign apologizing to officers. The sign will also say, “I was being an idiot and it will never happen again.”
Dameron is convicted of threatening officers in 911 calls.
Carr says that sometimes she has to get creative to get through to people.
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Strange but true: Mammoth catfish caught in Italy, and great white shark lurking off Washington coast
- Forecasters say gas prices are set to soar
- Thursday morning musings: Mel Kiper says Seattle pick "very difficult to predict right now''