ELYRIA, Ohio (AP) — A former Ohio day care worker convicted of sexually assaulting six children has been sentenced to life in prison without parole.
Prosecutors say Heather Koon, of Elyria (eh-LEER’-ee-uh), sent videos and photos of her sexually abusing children at two day cares to her boyfriend, a convicted sex offender.
Some parents of the victims called Koon a monster in court Tuesday and said some of the children remain traumatized from what happened in 2013.
Prosecutors said Koon’s boyfriend, James Osborne, urged the sexual abuse. Osborne was sentenced in October to life in prison without parole for his role in the abuse.
Most Read Stories
- Costco is testing a new burger in Seattle, and it might remind you of Shake Shack
- Seattle No. 1 in home-price growth again; starter homes require half of income
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
- Elizabeth Warren: ‘The next step is single-payer’ health care
- Zillow vs. McMansion Hell: Seattle company not backing off fight with blog despite PR fiasco
Koon’s attorney also told the judge Koon acted at Osborne’s direction.
Investigators say they discovered the abuse after finding a video on Koon’s computer that showed her abusing an infant.