ELYRIA, Ohio (AP) — A former Ohio day care worker convicted of sexually assaulting six children has been sentenced to life in prison without parole.
Prosecutors say Heather Koon, of Elyria (eh-LEER’-ee-uh), sent videos and photos of her sexually abusing children at two day cares to her boyfriend, a convicted sex offender.
Some parents of the victims called Koon a monster in court Tuesday and said some of the children remain traumatized from what happened in 2013.
Prosecutors said Koon’s boyfriend, James Osborne, urged the sexual abuse. Osborne was sentenced in October to life in prison without parole for his role in the abuse.
Most Read Stories
- Family of girl snatched by sea lion lambasted for ‘reckless behavior’ WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Seahawks’ Michael Bennett does great things, but why the immaturity?
- Student’s pregnancy tests a Christian school’s values
- Startling video shows sea lion snatching girl from pier in Richmond, B.C. WATCH
Koon’s attorney also told the judge Koon acted at Osborne’s direction.
Investigators say they discovered the abuse after finding a video on Koon’s computer that showed her abusing an infant.