ELYRIA, Ohio (AP) — A former Ohio day care worker convicted of sexually assaulting six children has been sentenced to life in prison without parole.
Prosecutors say Heather Koon, of Elyria (eh-LEER’-ee-uh), sent videos and photos of her sexually abusing children at two day cares to her boyfriend, a convicted sex offender.
Some parents of the victims called Koon a monster in court Tuesday and said some of the children remain traumatized from what happened in 2013.
Prosecutors said Koon’s boyfriend, James Osborne, urged the sexual abuse. Osborne was sentenced in October to life in prison without parole for his role in the abuse.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Battling demons in a community looking to Trump for change VIEW
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Your guide to enjoying the eclipse from Seattle
Koon’s attorney also told the judge Koon acted at Osborne’s direction.
Investigators say they discovered the abuse after finding a video on Koon’s computer that showed her abusing an infant.