ELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. (AP) — A jailer in Kentucky has been arrested after a fight with a sheriff’s deputy.
Hardin County deputies told news outlets in a statement Wednesday that Deputy Jailer Joseph Funk is charged with assault, resisting arrest and menacing.
Jailer Danny Allen says Funk got into an argument with Deputy Sheriff Clennon Smith, who was turning over an inmate’s property in a backpack.
Allen says that argument escalated into a fight after Smith tried to hand the bag over to Funk through a window.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Cause of death of Seahawk Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy remains unclear as family, friends struggle with his passing
- Four months in, ‘Seattle’s only Trump voter’ has his doubts | Danny Westneat
- Officer hailed for taking down cop killer costs Seattle $165,000 in civil-rights claims
The fight, which was caught on camera, was broken up and Funk was taken into custody.
Allen says Funk has worked at the Hardin County Detention Center since 2011.
He has been suspended with pay.
It’s unclear if Funk has an attorney. Smith is still on the job.