ELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. (AP) — A jailer in Kentucky has been arrested after a fight with a sheriff’s deputy.
Hardin County deputies told news outlets in a statement Wednesday that Deputy Jailer Joseph Funk is charged with assault, resisting arrest and menacing.
Jailer Danny Allen says Funk got into an argument with Deputy Sheriff Clennon Smith, who was turning over an inmate’s property in a backpack.
Allen says that argument escalated into a fight after Smith tried to hand the bag over to Funk through a window.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Battling demons in a community looking to Trump for change VIEW
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Your guide to enjoying the eclipse from Seattle
The fight, which was caught on camera, was broken up and Funk was taken into custody.
Allen says Funk has worked at the Hardin County Detention Center since 2011.
He has been suspended with pay.
It’s unclear if Funk has an attorney. Smith is still on the job.