ELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. (AP) — A jailer in Kentucky has been arrested after a fight with a sheriff’s deputy.
Hardin County deputies told news outlets in a statement Wednesday that Deputy Jailer Joseph Funk is charged with assault, resisting arrest and menacing.
Jailer Danny Allen says Funk got into an argument with Deputy Sheriff Clennon Smith, who was turning over an inmate’s property in a backpack.
Allen says that argument escalated into a fight after Smith tried to hand the bag over to Funk through a window.
Most Read Stories
- Wave goodbye: Live Seafair hydroplane-race TV coverage sputters out after 66 years VIEW
- Alex Tizon, former Seattle Times reporter who won Pulitzer Prize, dies at 57
- Judge: Married Lake Stevens cop’s misconduct didn’t violate girlfriend’s civil rights
- Milo Yiannopoulos at UW: A speech, a shooting and $75,000 in police overtime
- Cameron Dollar rejoins Washington on Mike Hopkins' staff
The fight, which was caught on camera, was broken up and Funk was taken into custody.
Allen says Funk has worked at the Hardin County Detention Center since 2011.
He has been suspended with pay.
It’s unclear if Funk has an attorney. Smith is still on the job.