The King County sheriff's office says a man shot by a Pacific police officer is expected to survive.
The King County sheriff’s office says a man shot by a Pacific police officer is expected to survive.
Sgt. Cindi West says the 41-year-old suspect was trying to drive away in the officer’s patrol car when he was shot in a struggle.
The incident began about 10:40 Thursday night when the officer pulled over a stolen pickup in a residential neighborhood.
The driver ran off with the officer in pursuit, then doubled back to the patrol car and tried to get behind the wheel.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories
West says multiple shots were fired. Then the suspect crashed the patrol car into another vehicle in a driveway.
The officer was not hurt.
The suspect was taken to Harborview Medical Center in critical but stable condition.
A team of police agencies is investigating the shooting.