EL CAJON, Calif. (AP) — Police in El Cajon said an officer has fatally shot a woman and a dog in a stolen car after the driver tried to run over the officer.
Lt. Frank La Haye said the early Saturday shooting came at the end of a high-speed chase, when the driver of the stolen Toyota hit a cul-de-sac and stopped.
He said when an officer got out of his patrol car to talk to the driver, he sped toward him, prompting the officer to open fire at the car.
The San Diego Union-Tribune reports (http://bit.ly/1NdQcr3 ) a woman who was in the front seat of the Toyota was killed.
Most Read Stories
- UW professor: The information war is real, and we’re losing it | Danny Westneat
- Career advice: End affair with boss, then apply for promotion | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle sues Trump administration over ‘sanctuary cities’ order WATCH
- Baltimore police show jarring footage of SWAT shooting
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX on brink of `Wright Brothers moment’ with reused rocket
The driver was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and felony evading; two male passengers were arrested on suspicion of drug-related offenses.