EL CAJON, Calif. (AP) — Police in El Cajon said an officer has fatally shot a woman and a dog in a stolen car after the driver tried to run over the officer.
Lt. Frank La Haye said the early Saturday shooting came at the end of a high-speed chase, when the driver of the stolen Toyota hit a cul-de-sac and stopped.
He said when an officer got out of his patrol car to talk to the driver, he sped toward him, prompting the officer to open fire at the car.
The San Diego Union-Tribune reports (http://bit.ly/1NdQcr3 ) a woman who was in the front seat of the Toyota was killed.
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Walkoff magic! Leonys Martin’s dramatic homer in ninth lifts Mariners
Most Read Stories
The driver was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and felony evading; two male passengers were arrested on suspicion of drug-related offenses.