EL CAJON, Calif. (AP) — Police in El Cajon said an officer has fatally shot a woman and a dog in a stolen car after the driver tried to run over the officer.
Lt. Frank La Haye said the early Saturday shooting came at the end of a high-speed chase, when the driver of the stolen Toyota hit a cul-de-sac and stopped.
He said when an officer got out of his patrol car to talk to the driver, he sped toward him, prompting the officer to open fire at the car.
The San Diego Union-Tribune reports (http://bit.ly/1NdQcr3 ) a woman who was in the front seat of the Toyota was killed.
Most Read Stories
- What you need to know about Inauguration Day protests, events in Seattle
- Christopher Monfort, killer of Seattle police officer, found dead in prison cell
- 50,000 expected to attend Seattle women’s march day after Trump inauguration WATCH
- Police seek description of shooter who wounded 3 at Seattle’s Crocodile club
- From TV to courtroom to the market: The saga of Seattle’s $475,000 treehouse
The driver was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and felony evading; two male passengers were arrested on suspicion of drug-related offenses.