BERLIN (AP) — A town in Germany has stopped playing a popular children’s song about a fox who steals a goose after a complaint from a vegan.
Limburg’s town spokesman Johannes Laubach told the dpa news agency Thursday a local woman had asked the mayor to remove the tune from the town hall’s mechanical carillon.
Laubach said the mayor had temporarily granted her request. The carillon — a series of bells — has a repertoire of 33 tunes, including 15 German children’s songs, that are played several times a day.
The Frankfurter Neue Presse newspaper reports the woman was upset by being reminded of the song’s words — “the hunter’s going to get you with his gun,” rather than by the fox’s theft of the goose.
Most Read Stories
- 'It's bigger than sports:' Why the Seahawks decided to stay in the locker room during Sunday's anthem WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- No more flying with reindeer: Unique Alaska planes to retire VIEW
- ‘No more agriculture in Puerto Rico,’ a farmer laments
- Huskies get first test of season out of the way and they aced it with win at Colorado | Larry Stone
‘Fox, you stole the goose’: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M6dvdjw_PQ