ST. JOHN’S, Newfoundland (AP) — One of the candidates in for mayor in St. John’s, Newfoundland, has become a celebrity — the one with fur and four legs.
It’s a 5-year-old Australian cattle dog named Finn. He’s featured in a tongue-in-cheek, campaign-style YouTube video that has been making the rounds on social media.
Owner Glenn Redmond said Tuesday a lot of people are saying Finn is the best candidate, but he concedes the dog’s name won’t actually be on the ballot.
Redmond says he made the video to draw attention to local issues like potholes and sidewalk snow clearing. He says Finn will soon be featured in another video asking local people who they are voting for in the municipal election Sept. 26.
Most Read Stories
- Scientists say recent quake swarm at Rainier doesn't signal impending eruption
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- Is this Seattle bus stop the worst in America?
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say