CHARLOTTE HALL, Md. (AP) — Even beavers are getting in the holiday spirit.
That’s what one sheriff’s office discovered this week when it spotted a curious beaver checking out Christmas decorations at a dollar store outside of Washington, D.C.
The St. Mary County Sheriff’s office in Maryland says the beaver walked through the door at the Dollar General on Monday, wandered into the Christmas section and knocked a few items over before being safely removed by animal control.
Sheriff’s office Spokeswoman Jennifer Stone says the animal has since been released to a wildlife rehabilitator. Stone says the animal did not cause any property damage.
Most Read Stories
- Washington state will resist federal crackdown on legal weed, AG Ferguson says
- Cheating hubby needs to reset attitude toward ‘affair baby’ | Dear Carolyn
- 5-year-old Kent girl re-creates iconic photos of notable black women for Black History Month VIEW
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Bothell’s Jacob Sirmon getting a head start as Huskies’ quarterback of the future
The sheriff’s office wrote on Facebook that as an officer “you never know what your next call may be.”