CHARLOTTE HALL, Md. (AP) — Even beavers are getting in the holiday spirit.
That’s what one sheriff’s office discovered this week when it spotted a curious beaver checking out Christmas decorations at a dollar store outside of Washington, D.C.
The St. Mary County Sheriff’s office in Maryland says the beaver walked through the door at the Dollar General on Monday, wandered into the Christmas section and knocked a few items over before being safely removed by animal control.
Sheriff’s office Spokeswoman Jennifer Stone says the animal has since been released to a wildlife rehabilitator. Stone says the animal did not cause any property damage.
Most Read Stories
- UW professor: The information war is real, and we’re losing it | Danny Westneat
- Career advice: End affair with boss, then apply for promotion | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle sues Trump administration over ‘sanctuary cities’ order WATCH
- Baltimore police show jarring footage of SWAT shooting
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX on brink of `Wright Brothers moment’ with reused rocket
The sheriff’s office wrote on Facebook that as an officer “you never know what your next call may be.”