CHARLOTTE HALL, Md. (AP) — Even beavers are getting in the holiday spirit.
That’s what one sheriff’s office discovered this week when it spotted a curious beaver checking out Christmas decorations at a dollar store outside of Washington, D.C.
The St. Mary County Sheriff’s office in Maryland says the beaver walked through the door at the Dollar General on Monday, wandered into the Christmas section and knocked a few items over before being safely removed by animal control.
Sheriff’s office Spokeswoman Jennifer Stone says the animal has since been released to a wildlife rehabilitator. Stone says the animal did not cause any property damage.
Most Read Stories
- Live updates from Inauguration Day: 1 injured in shooting at demonstration at UW WATCH
- Live updates: Women's marches in Seattle, D.C. on day after President Trump inauguration WATCH
- What you need to know about Inauguration Day protests, events in Seattle
- 50,000 expected to attend Seattle women’s march day after Trump inauguration WATCH
- Man shot during protests of Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos' speech at UW; suspect arrested WATCH
The sheriff’s office wrote on Facebook that as an officer “you never know what your next call may be.”