NEW YORK (AP) — An armed suspect has been shot and killed by a New York City police officer following a gun battle.
The shooting occurred just before 4 p.m. Thursday in the East New York section of Brooklyn.
Police say plainclothes police officers were investigating possible gang violence in the neighborhood when they spotted a man running from a house.
As the officers exited their vehicle to approach him, police say the man drew a revolver and fired at them. The officers returned fire and the suspect fled to the rear of a home two blocks away.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Battling demons in a community looking to Trump for change VIEW
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Your guide to enjoying the eclipse from Seattle
One of the officers then followed the gunman into an alley, where police say he confronted the suspect and shot him.
The unidentified man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The gun was recovered.