NEW YORK (AP) — An armed suspect has been shot and killed by a New York City police officer following a gun battle.
The shooting occurred just before 4 p.m. Thursday in the East New York section of Brooklyn.
Police say plainclothes police officers were investigating possible gang violence in the neighborhood when they spotted a man running from a house.
As the officers exited their vehicle to approach him, police say the man drew a revolver and fired at them. The officers returned fire and the suspect fled to the rear of a home two blocks away.
Most Read Stories
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
- Costco is testing a new burger in Seattle, and it might remind you of Shake Shack
- Check out the Pike Place Market’s $74M addition: See 360-degree views of the new MarketFront VIEW
- Trump travel ban partly reinstated; fall court arguments set VIEW
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
One of the officers then followed the gunman into an alley, where police say he confronted the suspect and shot him.
The unidentified man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The gun was recovered.