NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Police Department is reviewing a video that appears to show officers using a stun gun on a pregnant teenager.
The incident occurred Feb. 10 as officers investigated a disturbance in a Bronx apartment building.
Phone video made by a man in the hallway shows the 17-year-old, surrounded by officers, screaming she’s pregnant amid a struggle and a popping sound, said to be the stun gun.
The teen told WNBC (http://bit.ly/2lPvcCf ) that her sister also informed officers of her pregnancy during the incident.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- Seattle police release statements from officers who killed Charleena Lyles
- Police investigate officer who shot Charleena Lyles after he left Taser in locker
- Wet, snowy winter creates life-threatening hazards for Pacific Crest Trail hikers
She said her doctor later determined that her fetus was unharmed. She displayed marks on her torso.
The NYPD, responding to a comment request Wednesday, said it was “aware of the incident” and it is “under internal review.”
Information from: WNBC-TV, http://www.nbcnewyork.com