NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Police Department is reviewing a video that appears to show officers using a stun gun on a pregnant teenager.
The incident occurred Feb. 10 as officers investigated a disturbance in a Bronx apartment building.
Phone video made by a man in the hallway shows the 17-year-old, surrounded by officers, screaming she’s pregnant amid a struggle and a popping sound, said to be the stun gun.
The teen told WNBC (http://bit.ly/2lPvcCf ) that her sister also informed officers of her pregnancy during the incident.
Most Read Stories
- Washington state will resist federal crackdown on legal weed, AG Ferguson says
- Cheating hubby needs to reset attitude toward ‘affair baby’ | Dear Carolyn
- 5-year-old Kent girl re-creates iconic photos of notable black women for Black History Month VIEW
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Bothell’s Jacob Sirmon getting a head start as Huskies’ quarterback of the future
She said her doctor later determined that her fetus was unharmed. She displayed marks on her torso.
The NYPD, responding to a comment request Wednesday, said it was “aware of the incident” and it is “under internal review.”
Information from: WNBC-TV, http://www.nbcnewyork.com