NEW YORK (AP) — Police say a man was arrested after he apparently lost control of a small drone that crashed into the Empire State Building.
The drone hit the 40th floor of the 1,454-foot landmark skyscraper and then fell to a 35th floor landing at about 8 p.m. Thursday.
New York City police say the 29-year-old man went to the Manhattan building’s security to request his drone back, but the guards called police.
The man was arrested at the scene on charges of reckless endangerment and avigation in and over the city. His name was not immediately released.
Most Read Stories
- Christopher Monfort, killer of Seattle police officer, found dead in prison cell
- Why are home prices so high? Seattle has 2nd-lowest rate of homes for sale in U.S.
- 50,000 expected to attend Seattle women’s march day after Trump inauguration WATCH
- What you need to know about Inauguration Day protests, events in Seattle
- 3 Seattle restaurants that make you feel like you’re far, far away VIEW