NEW YORK (AP) — Police say a man was arrested after he apparently lost control of a small drone that crashed into the Empire State Building.
The drone hit the 40th floor of the 1,454-foot landmark skyscraper and then fell to a 35th floor landing at about 8 p.m. Thursday.
New York City police say the 29-year-old man went to the Manhattan building’s security to request his drone back, but the guards called police.
The man was arrested at the scene on charges of reckless endangerment and avigation in and over the city. His name was not immediately released.
Most Read Stories
- Police think there might be more to road-rage killing of young dad in Federal Way
- DEA moves to ban kratom, frustrating both scientists and users
- ‘Plan ahead, be ready’: Friday’s UW-Stanford rush-hour kickoff to be traffic challenge
- Is Port Angeles ready to realize its potential? | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Suspect tried to buy handgun at store just before mall shooting, owner says