NEW YORK (AP) — Police say a man was arrested after he apparently lost control of a small drone that crashed into the Empire State Building.
The drone hit the 40th floor of the 1,454-foot landmark skyscraper and then fell to a 35th floor landing at about 8 p.m. Thursday.
New York City police say the 29-year-old man went to the Manhattan building’s security to request his drone back, but the guards called police.
The man was arrested at the scene on charges of reckless endangerment and avigation in and over the city. His name was not immediately released.
- SeaTac ordered to pay $18 million to couple it cheated in secret land grab
- Live from DNC: President Obama: 'Hillary is ready' WATCH
- City, having blown its chance for affordable units in apartment boom, is now deflecting blame
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson featured in new Costacos Brothers poster
- ‘Boys in the Boat’ is now a PBS documentary, to air Aug. 2