A New York City police officer charged with plotting to kidnap, torture, cook and eat at least 100 women had discussed having "girl meat" for Thanksgiving.
A New York City police officer charged with plotting to kidnap, torture, cook and eat at least 100 women had discussed having “girl meat” for Thanksgiving.
Prosecutors say Gilberto Valle made the remark in an online chat in February with an unidentified man. They read the transcript during Valle’s bail hearing Tuesday in Manhattan federal court.
Valle was quoted as saying that while Thanksgiving was still a long way off, he was getting a plan in motion to abduct a woman for the meal.
His lawyer has said the alleged plot was pure fantasy.
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- Defenses will have tough choices to make vs. Seahawks, tight end Jimmy Graham
- Car strikes 3 at Sasquatch festival; 1 serious injury
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
Most Read Stories
The judge on Tuesday denied bail, calling Valle’s behavior “depraved, bizarre, aberrational.” He set the trial for Jan. 22.
Valle has pleaded not guilty.
No women were actually harmed.