NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities say a construction worker is dead after falling three stories off scaffolding on a New York City building.
Police say the 58-year-old man was on a platform in Brooklyn around noon Sunday when he fell, suffering severe head trauma. The Daily News reports (http://nydn.us/2sEKn7j ) he was transported to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say identification of the victim is being withheld pending family notification.
Onlooker Donald Campbell says he saw the man couldn’t move after hitting the ground.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle's own monument to the Confederacy was erected on Capitol Hill in 1926 — and it's still there
- Officials warn of solar eclipse Armageddon: Wildfires, unprecedented traffic, GPS miscues
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- NY Times' editorial page editor: No apology for Sarah Palin
A New York Buildings Department official says the accident is under investigation.