NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities say a construction worker is dead after falling three stories off scaffolding on a New York City building.
Police say the 58-year-old man was on a platform in Brooklyn around noon Sunday when he fell, suffering severe head trauma. The Daily News reports (http://nydn.us/2sEKn7j ) he was transported to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say identification of the victim is being withheld pending family notification.
Onlooker Donald Campbell says he saw the man couldn’t move after hitting the ground.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- Veteran LAPD officer arrested for sex with 15-year-old cadet
- The Amazon effect: Metro adds buses to handle new flock of summer interns
A New York Buildings Department official says the accident is under investigation.