OCALA, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a nurse at a Florida hospital was shot by a man who grabbed a gun from a state trooper who brought him in for treatment.
Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Patrick Riordan said troopers had three interactions with a pedestrian Saturday along Interstate 75 before taking him to West Marion Community Hospital in Ocala.
Authorities didn’t say why he needed treatment. At the hospital, troopers attempted to arrest him on a charge of failure to obey a lawful order.
Riordan said the man grabbed a trooper’s gun and fired. According to Riordan, a nurse was shot in the leg and hospitalized in stable condition. Three troopers suffered minor injuries while struggling with the suspect.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle's own monument to the Confederacy was erected on Capitol Hill in 1926 — and it's still there
- Officials warn of solar eclipse Armageddon: Wildfires, unprecedented traffic, GPS miscues
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- NY Times' editorial page editor: No apology for Sarah Palin
Authorities arrested the suspect, whose name wasn’t released. A hospital spokeswoman didn’t immediately return messages.