The nation's 41st president, who is 92, is spending another day at a Houston hospital, where he's under observation after recovering from a mild case of pneumonia.
HOUSTON (AP) — Former President George H.W. Bush got a hospital visit from another former president — his son.
A photograph was posted on Bush’s Twitter account Thursday, showing him with former President George W. Bush. Both were smiling as the elder Bush spent another day at a Houston hospital where he’s under observation after recovering from a mild case of pneumonia.
Family spokesman Jim McGrath reports no changes Thursday for the 92-year-old Bush. On Wednesday, Bush was said to be gaining strength and in good spirits.
He was admitted to Houston Methodist Hospital last Friday for treatment of a persistent cough. Doctors determined he had pneumonia, and they say the illness was treated and has been resolved.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Battling demons in a community looking to Trump for change VIEW
- Your guide to enjoying the eclipse from Seattle
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
Bush served as president from 1989 to 1993. His son served from 2001 to 2009.