New Jersey's transit agency has removed a bus driver for committing a lewd act on the job.
New Jersey’s transit agency has removed a bus driver for committing a lewd act on the job.
A commuter videotaped 41-year-old George Simpson Jr. masturbating behind the wheel.
The video shows him maneuvering the bus through heavy traffic and the Lincoln Tunnel while pleasuring himself on June 24. The bus was traveling from Carteret to New York City.
New Jersey Transit police have charged Simpson with risking injury or damage by removing his hands from the wheel. He’s also accused of lewdness and reckless driving.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- True-crime author Ann Rule dies at age 83
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
Most Read Stories
In a statement, NJ Transit spokesman John Durso Jr. said the driver was immediately removed from service without pay because of “disturbing and grossly irresponsible conduct.”
Police didn’t list Simpson’s address, so he couldn’t be located for comment.
The story was first reported by WABC-TV in New York.