MONTICELLO, N.Y. (AP) — A New York man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for trying to kill his mother by ramming his SUV into her living room and running over her.
Sullivan County District Attorney James Farrell said Monday that 52-year-old Vincent Ryan Jr. drove to his mother’s home in Bloomingburg in May 2015, saw her in the doorway and floored the accelerator of his SUV.
Farrell says Helen Ryan suffered a broken leg, broken sternum and other injuries.
The Middletown Times Herald-Record reports (http://bit.ly/2dKl5tU ) Ryan’s mother had a protection order against him after repeated disputes, including an earlier incident in which he drove into the house.
Most Read Stories
- This season, Seahawks have crossed the line from brash to just plain unlikable | Matt Calkins
- How Seattle Mayor Murray’s plan to help homeless living in RVs unraveled VIEW
- UW star quarterback Jake Browning has surgery on throwing shoulder
- 'It's time for Seattle to shut up': What the national media are saying about the Seahawks' future
- Can’t make it to D.C.? Seattle will have own women’s march
Ryan was convicted of attempted murder and assault in April.
Information from: The Times Herald-Record, http://www.th-record.com