MONTICELLO, N.Y. (AP) — A New York man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for trying to kill his mother by ramming his SUV into her living room and running over her.
Sullivan County District Attorney James Farrell said Monday that 52-year-old Vincent Ryan Jr. drove to his mother’s home in Bloomingburg in May 2015, saw her in the doorway and floored the accelerator of his SUV.
Farrell says Helen Ryan suffered a broken leg, broken sternum and other injuries.
The Middletown Times Herald-Record reports (http://bit.ly/2dKl5tU ) Ryan’s mother had a protection order against him after repeated disputes, including an earlier incident in which he drove into the house.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Veteran LAPD officer arrested for sex with 15-year-old cadet
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- Issaquah student was doing 102 mph — and didn’t get a fine. Should fellow students be the judges?
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
Ryan was convicted of attempted murder and assault in April.
Information from: The Times Herald-Record, http://www.th-record.com