MONTICELLO, N.Y. (AP) — A New York man has been sentenced to 25 years in prison for trying to kill his mother by ramming his SUV into her living room and running over her.
Sullivan County District Attorney James Farrell said Monday that 52-year-old Vincent Ryan Jr. drove to his mother’s home in Bloomingburg in May 2015, saw her in the doorway and floored the accelerator of his SUV.
Farrell says Helen Ryan suffered a broken leg, broken sternum and other injuries.
The Middletown Times Herald-Record reports (http://bit.ly/2dKl5tU ) Ryan’s mother had a protection order against him after repeated disputes, including an earlier incident in which he drove into the house.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Pilots, check your bearings: Boeing Field catches up with Earth’s magnetic field
- NY Times' editorial page editor: No apology for Sarah Palin
Ryan was convicted of attempted murder and assault in April.
Information from: The Times Herald-Record, http://www.th-record.com