CORTLANDVILLE, N.Y. (AP) — A New York man whose driver’s license has been suspended nearly four dozen times was arrested for speeding on Interstate 81 south of Syracuse.
Fifty-one-year-old Darwin Barnes was pulled over by New York State Police in Cortland County around 10 p.m. Wednesday after troopers say he was observed going 95 mph in a 65 mph zone.
State police say the trooper who stopped Barnes found that the Rochester man didn’t have a valid license. A check of Barnes’ driving record showed that his license has been suspended a total of 46 times.
Barnes was charged with first-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle, a felony. He has been released from the county jail after posting bail. It couldn’t immediately be determined if he has a lawyer.
Most Read Stories
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- Career advice: End affair with boss, then apply for promotion | Dear Carolyn
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- UW professor: The information war is real, and we’re losing it | Danny Westneat
- Amazon tries to bag a big chunk of grocery market with Seattle pickup locations WATCH