CORTLANDVILLE, N.Y. (AP) — A New York man whose driver’s license has been suspended nearly four dozen times was arrested for speeding on Interstate 81 south of Syracuse.
Fifty-one-year-old Darwin Barnes was pulled over by New York State Police in Cortland County around 10 p.m. Wednesday after troopers say he was observed going 95 mph in a 65 mph zone.
State police say the trooper who stopped Barnes found that the Rochester man didn’t have a valid license. A check of Barnes’ driving record showed that his license has been suspended a total of 46 times.
Barnes was charged with first-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle, a felony. He has been released from the county jail after posting bail. It couldn’t immediately be determined if he has a lawyer.
Most Read Stories
- Please go fishing, Washington state says after farmed Atlantic salmon escape broken net
- Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6
- What caused Seattle-based crab boat to sink with 6 aboard? Coast Guard hoping to find out
- Police: Elderly Seattle brothers spent lifetime collecting sexual images of children, sexually abusing young girls
- Wealthy wife of Treasury secretary gets snarky on Instagram