CORTLANDVILLE, N.Y. (AP) — A New York man whose driver’s license has been suspended nearly four dozen times was arrested for speeding on Interstate 81 south of Syracuse.
Fifty-one-year-old Darwin Barnes was pulled over by New York State Police in Cortland County around 10 p.m. Wednesday after troopers say he was observed going 95 mph in a 65 mph zone.
State police say the trooper who stopped Barnes found that the Rochester man didn’t have a valid license. A check of Barnes’ driving record showed that his license has been suspended a total of 46 times.
Barnes was charged with first-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle, a felony. He has been released from the county jail after posting bail. It couldn’t immediately be determined if he has a lawyer.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle judge won’t immediately release ‘Dreamer’ from detention center
- Officials say damage to sewage plant in Discovery Park is catastrophic
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Students frustrated trying to get into UW’s strict engineering program
- Sticker shock as much higher car-tab bills land in mailboxes