NEW YORK (AP) — Hundreds of Neil (LY-fur) Leifer photographs, including his iconic images of Muhammad Ali, will be auctioned in New York City.
Guernsey’s is offering 700 lots Friday and Saturday from Leifer’s personal collection.
Leifer’s photos have been featured on over 200 magazine covers, including Sports Illustrated and Time.
The sale includes his famous image of Ali towering over a fallen Sonny Liston during their 1965 heavyweight title bout.
Most Read Stories
- Amazon unveils smart convenience store sans checkouts, cashiers WATCH
- What national media are saying about UW Huskies in College Football Playoff, matchup with Alabama
- Seahawks surprised by Cam Newton's first-play absence — and the reason
- Watch: Boat called ‘Nap Tyme’ collides with Washington State Ferry near Vashon Island
- Day 1 updates for the Mariners at the MLB Winter Meetings: And so it begins ...
There’s also a print of Baltimore Colts’ Alan Ameche (uh-MEE’-chee) scoring the winning touchdown against the New York Giants in 1958 — dubbed “the greatest football game ever played.”
Leifer often swapped prints with other photographers, including Alfred Eisenstaedt and Annie Leibovitz. These also are in the sale.
Guernsey’s says 96 percent of the lots have no minimum reserve.