NEW YORK (AP) — Hundreds of Neil (LY-fur) Leifer photographs, including his iconic images of Muhammad Ali, will be auctioned in New York City.
Guernsey’s is offering 700 lots Friday and Saturday from Leifer’s personal collection.
Leifer’s photos have been featured on over 200 magazine covers, including Sports Illustrated and Time.
The sale includes his famous image of Ali towering over a fallen Sonny Liston during their 1965 heavyweight title bout.
Most Read Stories
- This season, Seahawks have crossed the line from brash to just plain unlikable | Matt Calkins
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says Richard Sherman played second half of season with 'significant' knee injury
- Can’t make it to D.C.? Seattle will have own women’s march
- Michael Bennett explodes at reporter following Seahawks-Falcons game
- How Seattle Mayor Murray’s plan to help homeless living in RVs unraveled VIEW
There’s also a print of Baltimore Colts’ Alan Ameche (uh-MEE’-chee) scoring the winning touchdown against the New York Giants in 1958 — dubbed “the greatest football game ever played.”
Leifer often swapped prints with other photographers, including Alfred Eisenstaedt and Annie Leibovitz. These also are in the sale.
Guernsey’s says 96 percent of the lots have no minimum reserve.