NEW YORK (AP) — Hundreds of Neil (LY-fur) Leifer photographs, including his iconic images of Muhammad Ali, will be auctioned in New York City.
Guernsey’s is offering 700 lots Friday and Saturday from Leifer’s personal collection.
Leifer’s photos have been featured on over 200 magazine covers, including Sports Illustrated and Time.
The sale includes his famous image of Ali towering over a fallen Sonny Liston during their 1965 heavyweight title bout.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle's own monument to the Confederacy was erected on Capitol Hill in 1926 — and it's still there
- Officials warn of solar eclipse Armageddon: Wildfires, unprecedented traffic, GPS miscues
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- NY Times' editorial page editor: No apology for Sarah Palin
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
There’s also a print of Baltimore Colts’ Alan Ameche (uh-MEE’-chee) scoring the winning touchdown against the New York Giants in 1958 — dubbed “the greatest football game ever played.”
Leifer often swapped prints with other photographers, including Alfred Eisenstaedt and Annie Leibovitz. These also are in the sale.
Guernsey’s says 96 percent of the lots have no minimum reserve.