A North Carolina hospital that recently changed its name has also adopted a new slogan: "Cheat Death."
A North Carolina hospital that recently changed its name has also adopted a new slogan: “Cheat Death.”
Gaston Memorial Hospital in Gastonia has become CaroMont Regional Medical Center and plans to work with restaurants to create “Cheat Death” menus and will work with gyms to create “Cheat Death” workouts. A social media campaign will offer tips on cheating death.
CaroMont CEO Randall Kelley says the hospital hopes to create a community health movement.
But not everyone likes the new slogan.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Seahawks training camp impressions, Day Four --- Pass rush speed, Mohammed Seisay, the center spot, and more
Most Read Stories
County commissioner and hospital board member Jason Williams says the new slogan is a bad idea. Williams says the hospital’s new marketing campaign needs a new, positive slogan.
He says some hospital employees think the “Cheat Death” slogan cheapens their work. He says some pastors consider the slogan blasphemous.