WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump is attacking Democrats and promoting the Republican running in this week’s House runoff election in Georgia.
In a tweet Monday, Trump said that Democrats “want to stop tax cuts, good healthcare and Border Security.” He also said “their ObamaCare is dead.”
Trump concluded: “Vote now for Karen H,” an apparent reference to Karen Handel, the Republican running in a special congressional election in Georgia. The election in the state’s 6th Congressional District is set for Tuesday.
Handel faces Democrat Jon Ossoff in a nationally watched matchup that Democrats want to turn into a referendum on Trump.
Most Read Stories
- Route 7 is one of Metro Transit’s most challenging bus lines, and driver Nathan Vass loves it VIEW
- Seattle's own monument to the Confederacy was erected on Capitol Hill in 1926 — and it's still there
- WSU College Republicans leader steps down after being exposed as white-nationalist protester
- Bill Gates makes largest donation of Microsoft stock since 2000 with $4.6 billion gift
- Officials warn of solar eclipse Armageddon: Wildfires, unprecedented traffic, GPS miscues
Trump also tweeted Monday about a member of his outside legal team appearing on “Fox and Friends.” But that message was later taken down.