ATLANTA (AP) — The Democratic National Committee will have a chance to officially slam FBI Director James Comey for his election-year probe of Hillary Clinton in a resolution that’s a riff on ABC’s “Designated Survivor.”
A Clinton supporter proposed a resolution calling Comey’s public statements about Clinton “infamous, partisan and illegal.”
Many Democrats blame her loss to President Donald Trump on Comey’s late October letter suggesting FBI agents were reviewing new emails. Two days before the election, Comey said the inquiry had found no new evidence of wrongdoing.
The resolution from Bill Owen of Tennessee begins as a sarcastic critique of “Designated Survivor” and its depiction of the FBI. But Comey’s clearly the intended target.
Most Read Stories
- Washington state will resist federal crackdown on legal weed, AG Ferguson says
- Cheating hubby needs to reset attitude toward ‘affair baby’ | Dear Carolyn
- 5-year-old Kent girl re-creates iconic photos of notable black women for Black History Month VIEW
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Bothell’s Jacob Sirmon getting a head start as Huskies’ quarterback of the future
A party spokesman downplayed the resolution, noting any DNC member can introduce one ahead of next week’s meeting.