ATLANTA (AP) — The Democratic National Committee will have a chance to officially slam FBI Director James Comey for his election-year probe of Hillary Clinton in a resolution that’s a riff on ABC’s “Designated Survivor.”
A Clinton supporter proposed a resolution calling Comey’s public statements about Clinton “infamous, partisan and illegal.”
Many Democrats blame her loss to President Donald Trump on Comey’s late October letter suggesting FBI agents were reviewing new emails. Two days before the election, Comey said the inquiry had found no new evidence of wrongdoing.
The resolution from Bill Owen of Tennessee begins as a sarcastic critique of “Designated Survivor” and its depiction of the FBI. But Comey’s clearly the intended target.
Most Read Stories
- Family of girl snatched by sea lion lambasted for ‘reckless behavior’ WATCH
- I didn’t get it right with Seahawks’ Michael Bennett, and I apologize
- Blast at Ariana Grande concert in England kills 19 people VIEW
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Search suspended for Issaquah teen missing in Snoqualmie River
A party spokesman downplayed the resolution, noting any DNC member can introduce one ahead of next week’s meeting.