Ivanka Trump will participate in a panel discussion on women's economic empowerment during an official visit to Germany next week.
WASHINGTON — Ivanka Trump will participate in a panel discussion on women’s economic empowerment during an official visit to Germany next week.
The White House announced the schedule for the first daughter’s trip to Berlin, scheduled for Tuesday. It will be the first official international trip for Trump, who has joined the administration as an unpaid adviser to her father, President Donald Trump.
Ivanka Trump is traveling to Berlin at the invitation of German Chancellor Angela Merkel. She will participate in the W20 Summit, a women-focused effort within the Group of 20 countries.
On that day in Berlin, Trump will also tour a technical school, visit the United States embassy and go to the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe. Her day will conclude with a gala dinner.
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Corn on the Cob with Charred Lime Crema
- Car brings down power lines, causing I-5 shutdown and outages in North Seattle
- Boeing issues new layoff notices to 429 workers in Washington state