MARSHALL, N.C. — Authorities say two people have been charged with child abuse after a 7-week-old baby suffered broken legs and five broken ribs.
The Madison County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release that the child was abused for three weeks and remained in the hospital recovering on Thursday.
Deputies say Billie Taylor intentionally hurt the infant, who also had other injuries from past abuse.
Investigators say the child’s mother, Jennifer Davis, was charged because she knew the abuse was going on and didn’t take the baby for help.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- Veteran LAPD officer arrested for sex with 15-year-old cadet
- The Amazon effect: Metro adds buses to handle new flock of summer interns
Both were charged Tuesday with felony child abuse. It wasn’t known if they have lawyers.
Madison County is north of Asheville in the North Carolina mountains.