Here's something to wag a tongue at: MTV says Miley Cyrus is the best artist of the year.
Here’s something to wag a tongue at: MTV says Miley Cyrus is the best artist of the year.
The former child star twerked her way to the top. Her eye-popping duet with Robin Thicke on the MTV Video Music Awards was one of the year’s most talked about cultural events.
MTV said Monday the VMA duet on “We Can’t Stop” and “Blurred Lines” was the year’s most watched video on its websites. Similarly, the MTV artist site devoted to Cyrus had more visits than any other artist’s.
Besides “We Can’t Stop,” the song “Wrecking Ball” and album “Bangerz” were big hits for Cyrus, who also had notable appearances on “Saturday Night Live” and MTV’s European music awards show.
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back
Most Read Stories
MTV executives pick their top artist. One Direction won last year, and Katy Perry won the year before.
This year, Cyrus was an easy choice, said Amy Doyle, head of MTV’s music and talent programming strategy.
“She dominated the music charts and critics’ best-of lists while creating some of the year’s most memorable moments,” Doyle said.