Here's something to wag a tongue at: MTV says Miley Cyrus is the best artist of the year.
Here’s something to wag a tongue at: MTV says Miley Cyrus is the best artist of the year.
The former child star twerked her way to the top. Her eye-popping duet with Robin Thicke on the MTV Video Music Awards was one of the year’s most talked about cultural events.
MTV said Monday the VMA duet on “We Can’t Stop” and “Blurred Lines” was the year’s most watched video on its websites. Similarly, the MTV artist site devoted to Cyrus had more visits than any other artist’s.
Besides “We Can’t Stop,” the song “Wrecking Ball” and album “Bangerz” were big hits for Cyrus, who also had notable appearances on “Saturday Night Live” and MTV’s European music awards show.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents
Most Read Stories
MTV executives pick their top artist. One Direction won last year, and Katy Perry won the year before.
This year, Cyrus was an easy choice, said Amy Doyle, head of MTV’s music and talent programming strategy.
“She dominated the music charts and critics’ best-of lists while creating some of the year’s most memorable moments,” Doyle said.