The mother of the man who killed 12 people at the Washington Navy Yard says she is "so, so very sorry that this has happened."
The mother of the man who killed 12 people at the Washington Navy Yard says she is “so, so very sorry that this has happened.”
Cathleen Alexis said Wednesday in New York City that she does not know why her son, Aaron, did what he did and she will never be able to ask him.
The mother read a statement at her home in Brooklyn. She concluded, “My heart is broken.”
She did not want to appear on camera and did not take questions from a reporter.
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages as their boss is jailed
- Seattle teachers vote to strike if agreement isn’t reached
Most Read Stories
Thirty-four-year-old Aaron Alexis opened fire at the Navy Yard on Monday before he was killed in a shootout with police.
Authorities say he had been suffering a host of serious mental problems including paranoia and a sleep disorder.