DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — A child welfare agency in southwest Ohio says it has an existing case for the family that saw a mother shoot two of her children in the head.
The 30-year-old mother has been jailed since her arrest shortly after the shootings Thursday in Dayton. An 8-year-old girl and a 6-year-old boy remain in critical condition. An 11-year-old daughter who was home at the time wasn’t injured.
Police say the woman put the two children on the front lawn after shooting them inside the house, where a gun was recovered.
Authorities say she was charged Friday with two counts of attempted murder and four counts of felonious assault. The Dayton police chief said Thursday the woman may have mental health problems.
Most Read Stories
- Family of girl snatched by sea lion lambasted for ‘reckless behavior’ WATCH
- Seahawks’ Michael Bennett does great things, but why the immaturity?
- Student’s pregnancy tests a Christian school’s values
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Startling video shows sea lion snatching girl from pier in Richmond, B.C. WATCH
A statement Friday from Montgomery County Children Services says the agency is “truly disturbed” by the shootings.