INDIANA, Pa. (AP) — Pennsylvania authorities say a Minnesota man has been arrested on charges he killed a 76-year-old Pennsylvania woman a quarter-century ago.
Indiana County District Attorney Patrick Dougherty says the suspect is a 61-year-old man from Magnolia, a tiny town of roughly 200 people.
Dougherty says the suspect fired two shots through a window that killed Myrtle McGill in the kitchen of her White Township home. Her body was found Dec. 13, 1991, but authorities believe she died several days before.
Authorities say her car was stolen but nothing else.
Most Read Stories
- Woman fatally shot by deputies on Muckleshoot tribal land was pregnant
- Voter alert: In 3 Washington counties, one stamp is not enough to return your ballot
- What the national media are saying about the Seahawks' 'incompetent debacle' of a tie with the Cardinals
- What’s up with these creepy clowns?
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch is never far from teammates’ memories WATCH
Dougherty and state police aren’t revealing the suspect’s name or other details until a news conference Friday.