INDIANA, Pa. (AP) — Pennsylvania authorities say a Minnesota man has been arrested on charges he killed a 76-year-old Pennsylvania woman a quarter-century ago.
Indiana County District Attorney Patrick Dougherty says the suspect is a 61-year-old man from Magnolia, a tiny town of roughly 200 people.
Dougherty says the suspect fired two shots through a window that killed Myrtle McGill in the kitchen of her White Township home. Her body was found Dec. 13, 1991, but authorities believe she died several days before.
Authorities say her car was stolen but nothing else.
Most Read Stories
- This season, Seahawks have crossed the line from brash to just plain unlikable | Matt Calkins
- How Seattle Mayor Murray’s plan to help homeless living in RVs unraveled VIEW
- UW star quarterback Jake Browning has surgery on throwing shoulder
- Can’t make it to D.C.? Seattle will have own women’s march
- 'It's time for Seattle to shut up': What the national media are saying about the Seahawks' future
Dougherty and state police aren’t revealing the suspect’s name or other details until a news conference Friday.