MAPLE GROVE, Minn. (AP) — A Minnesota couple celebrated their wedding day by posing with puppies.
Kathryn and Brad Ziemer of Maple Grove wanted to highlight the work of Secondhand Hounds, a nonprofit that rescues dogs from high-kill shelters. So instead of flowers, the couple chose puppies when they tied the knot at a suburban Minneapolis golf club on Saturday.
Kathryn Ziemer says, “Who doesn’t love puppies?” But while having puppies at the wedding was special to her and her new husband, she says it was more about the animal rescue, which she calls “incredible.”
KMSP-TV (http://bit.ly/2erixlS ) reports that members of the wedding party did not know about the puppies until they went outside for group photos and found 13 pit bull puppies waiting for them.
Most Read Stories
- Arrest of black teen in Wallingford sets off social-media storm
- Huskies not only should be in playoffs, they should be in Fiesta Bowl
- UW Huskies awarded No. 4 seed for College Football Playoff, to play No. 1 Alabama in Peach Bowl
- An earthquake worse than the 'Big One'? Shattered New Zealand city shows danger of Seattle's fault | Seismic Neglect WATCH
- Fancy a weekend jaunt? Seattle, Portland booms put I-5 drivers in a jam | FYI Guy
Information from: KMSP-TV, http://www.myfox9.com