LOS ANGELES (AP) — “NCIS” star Michael Weatherly says he’s leaving the long-running CBS drama.
Weatherly, who plays Special Agent Tony DiNozzo, has been with “NCIS” since it debuted in 2003.
In postings on his Twitter account Tuesday, Weatherly thanked the show’s fans worldwide and said “NCIS” was a “fantastic ride.” He called DiNozzo a wonderful character, one who was fun to play.
In a statement, CBS said Weatherly will leave “NCIS” at the end of this season. The network said it looked forward to working with Weatherly as part of its ongoing development deal with him.
Most Read Stories
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX on brink of `Wright Brothers moment’ with reused rocket
- Best way to slow aging? Exercise, but not just any kind
- Richard Branson celebrates Virgin Atlantic’s entry to Seattle market, tears into Alaska Air
Mark Harmon stars in the top-rated drama about Naval Criminal Investigative Service agents in Washington. The show is part of a popular franchise for CBS, with other “NCIS” series set in Los Angeles and New Orleans.