LOS ANGELES (AP) — “NCIS” star Michael Weatherly says he’s leaving the long-running CBS drama.
Weatherly, who plays Special Agent Tony DiNozzo, has been with “NCIS” since it debuted in 2003.
In postings on his Twitter account Tuesday, Weatherly thanked the show’s fans worldwide and said “NCIS” was a “fantastic ride.” He called DiNozzo a wonderful character, one who was fun to play.
In a statement, CBS said Weatherly will leave “NCIS” at the end of this season. The network said it looked forward to working with Weatherly as part of its ongoing development deal with him.
- Downtown Bothell blaze deals blow to redevelopment efforts VIEW
- Susan Kaufman, owner of restaurants Serafina and Cicchetti, dies at 64
- Seattle rents now growing faster than in any other U.S. city
- Watch: 14-year-old uses drone to chase Camano Island boat thieves, police say WATCH
- Captured: John Reed, on the run since April slaying of Arlington couple
Most Read Stories
Mark Harmon stars in the top-rated drama about Naval Criminal Investigative Service agents in Washington. The show is part of a popular franchise for CBS, with other “NCIS” series set in Los Angeles and New Orleans.