LOS ANGELES (AP) — “NCIS” star Michael Weatherly says he’s leaving the long-running CBS drama.
Weatherly, who plays Special Agent Tony DiNozzo, has been with “NCIS” since it debuted in 2003.
In postings on his Twitter account Tuesday, Weatherly thanked the show’s fans worldwide and said “NCIS” was a “fantastic ride.” He called DiNozzo a wonderful character, one who was fun to play.
In a statement, CBS said Weatherly will leave “NCIS” at the end of this season. The network said it looked forward to working with Weatherly as part of its ongoing development deal with him.
Most Read Stories
- Profanity Peak wolf pack in state’s gun sights after rancher turns out cattle on den
- Bothell High teacher made up story of attack, police say
- Watch: Seahawks' Russell Wilson pulls off incredible touchdown pass against Cowboys
- A teardown a day: Bulldozing the way for bigger homes in Seattle, suburbs
- Deep thoughts on the Seahawks win over Dallas: Earl Thomas, Paul Richardson, Germain Ifedi, and more WATCH
Mark Harmon stars in the top-rated drama about Naval Criminal Investigative Service agents in Washington. The show is part of a popular franchise for CBS, with other “NCIS” series set in Los Angeles and New Orleans.