LOS ANGELES (AP) — “NCIS” star Michael Weatherly says he’s leaving the long-running CBS drama.
Weatherly, who plays Special Agent Tony DiNozzo, has been with “NCIS” since it debuted in 2003.
In postings on his Twitter account Tuesday, Weatherly thanked the show’s fans worldwide and said “NCIS” was a “fantastic ride.” He called DiNozzo a wonderful character, one who was fun to play.
In a statement, CBS said Weatherly will leave “NCIS” at the end of this season. The network said it looked forward to working with Weatherly as part of its ongoing development deal with him.
- Microsoft draws flak for pushing Windows 10 on PC users
- 3 dead, 1 wounded in Oregon shooting; suspect arrested
- This is how much more you’d have to pay for a home near light rail
- Texas illegally curbs abortion clinics, Supreme Court rules
- Did Lorenzo Romar, Brandon Roy and UW’s recruiting of the Porter brothers cross the line?
Most Read Stories
Mark Harmon stars in the top-rated drama about Naval Criminal Investigative Service agents in Washington. The show is part of a popular franchise for CBS, with other “NCIS” series set in Los Angeles and New Orleans.