Metallica singer James Hetfield says he’s OK, but his ego is a bit bruised after falling on stage in the Netherlands.
Fan video shows Hetfield walking into a hole created when part of the floor on the band’s custom stage was intentionally lowered as part of the Monday’s show. Hetfield fell face-first into the floor and his guitar. He remained motionless for several seconds until a pair of stagehands helped him up.
After the song was finished he told the crowd at the Amsterdam arena: “Yes, I’m OK. My ego? Not so much.”
In 1992, Hetfield suffered severe burns from onstage pyrotechnics during a show in Montreal.
Most Read Stories
- Scientists say recent quake swarm at Rainier doesn't signal impending eruption
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- Is this Seattle bus stop the worst in America?
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say