WASHINGTON (AP) — Melania Trump is announcing her first foreign trip as first lady of the United States.
Mrs. Trump is accompanying President Donald Trump on his inaugural overseas trip, a four-country, five-stop tour that begins Friday. The Trumps will visit Saudi Arabia, Israel, Italy and Belgium, and the trip includes an audience with Pope Francis at the Vatican.
The first lady is joining the president for some events, but will participate in other events on her own.
The White House isn’t releasing a comprehensive itinerary for Mrs. Trump, citing security concerns.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- 2 Bellevue High students investigated in alleged rape of 14-year-old girl at Yarrow Point party
- Amazon opens Seattle grocery pickup sites to Prime members
- Trump’s budget proposal zeros out $1.1 billion for Lynnwood light-rail line
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
Mrs. Trump, a native of the central European nation of Slovenia, says she’ll spend time at her events speaking with women and children.
The Trumps are scheduled to return to Washington on May 27.