LOS ANGELES (AP) — Court records show singer and television personality Mel B has filed for divorce from her husband of nearly 10 years.
The former Spice Girl, whose real name is Melanie Brown, cited irreconcilable differences for her breakup from producer Stephen Belafonte. Her petition was filed Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court.
They have a 5-year-old daughter together and Brown is seeking joint custody.
Brown and Belafonte married in July 2007. She listed Dec. 28 as the date they separated. Brown, who is a judge on “America’s Got Talent,” is asking a judge to deny spousal support to Belafonte.
Most Read Stories
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
- Costco is testing a new burger in Seattle, and it might remind you of Shake Shack
- Check out the Pike Place Market’s $74M addition: See 360-degree views of the new MarketFront VIEW
- Trump travel ban partly reinstated; fall court arguments set VIEW
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat