LOS ANGELES (AP) — Court records show singer and television personality Mel B has filed for divorce from her husband of nearly 10 years.
The former Spice Girl, whose real name is Melanie Brown, cited irreconcilable differences for her breakup from producer Stephen Belafonte. Her petition was filed Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court.
They have a 5-year-old daughter together and Brown is seeking joint custody.
Brown and Belafonte married in July 2007. She listed Dec. 28 as the date they separated. Brown, who is a judge on “America’s Got Talent,” is asking a judge to deny spousal support to Belafonte.
Most Read Stories
- Washington loses 2017 incoming point guard Blake Harris
- Rare, often fatal, respiratory disease carried by mice — hantavirus — confirmed in King County
- Measles cases in South Lake Union: Were you exposed?
- 'I'm amazed tourists ever come back': Your comments on Seattle's poor tourism survey
- Mike Hopkins' basketball coaching staff at Washington begins to take shape