LAKE FORREST, Ill. (AP) — Officials say no one was injured when a Minneapolis-bound Megabus carrying dozens of passengers caught fire outside of Chicago.
Fire officials say it happened about 12:15 p.m. Sunday on Route 41 near Waukegan, close to the Wisconsin border. They say the driver and about 40 passengers were able to exit the vehicle before firefighters arrived. Most of their luggage was lost.
The bus was engulfed in flames and sustained extensive damage. The cause of the fire was unknown.
Passenger Russicha Watkins told the Chicago Sun-Times (http://bit.ly/1PQqTjt ) there was a boom and black smoke. Watkins praised the driver, saying he got everybody off the bus before there was another explosion.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- Dead whale found on bow of cruise ship in Alaska
Most Read Stories
Sean Hughes, director of corporate affairs for the line’s parent company, Coach USA North America, said it was “fully cooperating” with the investigation.
Information from: Chicago Sun-Times, http://chicago.suntimes.com/