Police in Massachusetts responding to reports of an intruder in a woman's home quickly quacked the case.
Police in Massachusetts responding to reports of an intruder in a woman’s home quickly quacked the case.
A North Reading (REH’-ding) woman called police Saturday from her upstairs bedroom to report that she heard loud banging noises downstairs and feared someone had broken into her home.
Officers who responded found no sign of a break-in.
But during a quick search of the home, police found a soot-covered wood duck.
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
Most Read Stories
Police say it appears the duck got in through the chimney.
An officer caught the duck and released it into a nearby pond.