Police in Massachusetts responding to reports of an intruder in a woman's home quickly quacked the case.
Police in Massachusetts responding to reports of an intruder in a woman’s home quickly quacked the case.
A North Reading (REH’-ding) woman called police Saturday from her upstairs bedroom to report that she heard loud banging noises downstairs and feared someone had broken into her home.
Officers who responded found no sign of a break-in.
But during a quick search of the home, police found a soot-covered wood duck.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- McMenamins Anderson School grand opening is Thursday
- Seattle council candidate alleges political shakedown by developer
Most Read Stories
Police say it appears the duck got in through the chimney.
An officer caught the duck and released it into a nearby pond.