Police in Massachusetts responding to reports of an intruder in a woman's home quickly quacked the case.
Police in Massachusetts responding to reports of an intruder in a woman’s home quickly quacked the case.
A North Reading (REH’-ding) woman called police Saturday from her upstairs bedroom to report that she heard loud banging noises downstairs and feared someone had broken into her home.
Officers who responded found no sign of a break-in.
But during a quick search of the home, police found a soot-covered wood duck.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Man arrested for carrying golf club sues city, Seattle cop
- 'Hero' teacher tackles shooter at North Thurston High School
- Jernard Jarreau leaving Washington
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
Most Read Stories
Police say it appears the duck got in through the chimney.
An officer caught the duck and released it into a nearby pond.