Police in Massachusetts responding to reports of an intruder in a woman's home quickly quacked the case.
Police in Massachusetts responding to reports of an intruder in a woman’s home quickly quacked the case.
A North Reading (REH’-ding) woman called police Saturday from her upstairs bedroom to report that she heard loud banging noises downstairs and feared someone had broken into her home.
Officers who responded found no sign of a break-in.
But during a quick search of the home, police found a soot-covered wood duck.
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
Most Read Stories
Police say it appears the duck got in through the chimney.
An officer caught the duck and released it into a nearby pond.