JERUSALEM (AP) — Footage filmed by an Israeli human rights group shows what it says are a group of masked settlers attacking activists assisting Palestinians in the West Bank.
Sarit Michaeli of Israeli group B’Tselem said about a dozen activists were accompanying Palestinian shepherds when they came under an “unprovoked” attack.
The clip shows a group of masked men charging at the activists, throwing stones and hitting them with sticks.
One man ran at a rights activist, Rabbi Arik Ascherman, and hit him on the back of the head with a stick.
Most Read Stories
- Storm star Sue Bird says she's dating the Reign's Megan Rapinoe and opens up about being gay WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- '450 square feet of fear': Renter dreads rising cost for Fremont studio apartment | Seattle Sketcher
Michaeli said Rabbi Ascherman received medical care and two other activists were treated in hospital for a broken arm and a head wound.
Israeli police and military had no immediate comment. Palestinians often complain settlers carry out attacks with impunity.