JERUSALEM (AP) — Footage filmed by an Israeli human rights group shows what it says are a group of masked settlers attacking activists assisting Palestinians in the West Bank.
Sarit Michaeli of Israeli group B’Tselem said about a dozen activists were accompanying Palestinian shepherds when they came under an “unprovoked” attack.
The clip shows a group of masked men charging at the activists, throwing stones and hitting them with sticks.
One man ran at a rights activist, Rabbi Arik Ascherman, and hit him on the back of the head with a stick.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Corn on the Cob with Charred Lime Crema
- Car brings down power lines, causing I-5 shutdown and outages in North Seattle
- Boeing issues new layoff notices to 429 workers in Washington state
Michaeli said Rabbi Ascherman received medical care and two other activists were treated in hospital for a broken arm and a head wound.
Israeli police and military had no immediate comment. Palestinians often complain settlers carry out attacks with impunity.