SNOW HILL, Md. (AP) — A Maryland county prosecutor has been sentenced for indecent exposure and disorderly conduct after authorities say he performed sex acts in front of a hotel room glass door, in full view of tourists.
News outlets report Cecil County State’s Attorney Edward Rollins III submitted his resignation Monday.
Rollins was arrested in June after police were called about a nude man on an Ocean City hotel balcony. His trial in December included graphic testimony about Rollins masturbating and having sex with his wife in front of the sliding glass door of his hotel room, in view of people at an adjacent condominium.
A judge gave Rollins a suspended jail sentence, 18 months supervised probation, 100 hours community service and fined him $1,000. He will also have a mental health evaluation.
Most Read Stories
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman, dozens of athletes respond to Trump's rant against NFL player protests
- GOP’s know-nothing approach to health care is symptom of a bigger disease | Danny Westneat
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Seahawks, Titans stay in locker room during national anthem prior to Sunday's game in Tennessee WATCH
- Pete Carroll responds to Trump comments, backs Seahawks: 'We stand for our players and their constitutional rights'