SNOW HILL, Md. (AP) — A Maryland county prosecutor has been sentenced for indecent exposure and disorderly conduct after authorities say he performed sex acts in front of a hotel room glass door, in full view of tourists.
News outlets report Cecil County State’s Attorney Edward Rollins III submitted his resignation Monday.
Rollins was arrested in June after police were called about a nude man on an Ocean City hotel balcony. His trial in December included graphic testimony about Rollins masturbating and having sex with his wife in front of the sliding glass door of his hotel room, in view of people at an adjacent condominium.
A judge gave Rollins a suspended jail sentence, 18 months supervised probation, 100 hours community service and fined him $1,000. He will also have a mental health evaluation.
Most Read Stories
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- Knife-wielding man in custody after downtown standoff VIEW
- Amazon tries to bag a big chunk of grocery market with Seattle pickup locations WATCH
- Richard Branson celebrates Virgin Atlantic’s entry to Seattle market, tears into Alaska Air